Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Today was a very interesting day. I'll give you the general run down.

First, one of my student loan companies and I got our wires crossed and I've been given the "opportunity" to make an extra loan payment. Four days before my bill is due. And it overdrew my account. The day before my husband's paycheck will be deposited. Awesome. I hate money! It's my #1 stressor!

We had our "end of the study" breakfast at Bible study today. I got up extra early so I could try a new Pinterest recipe - mini pumpkin donut bites. Win. Here's a pic of this delicousness. You can't go wrong with things covered in cinnamon and sugar!


I got my vote on before having to pick Monster up from school. It only took about 10 minutes and I'm so thankful that I don't have to wait in the epic lines on voting day!

My child has been very cranky and very tired this week. I have had to wake her up both mornings! She has had an epically short fuse and it is very grating on the nerves. I'm hoping that she's going through a growth spurt or something because I might lose my mind if this is more permanent than that!

I was already a bit on edge this evening when my husband called on his way home and said something was wrong with his car. Again. We have spent an ungodly amount of money on that car this month - new catalytic converter, radiator, rear brakes, etc. So, needless to say, the car is back in the shop. Again. We are hoping it was just something related to the recent work on the brakes and not another issue that will rob us blind. Plus, it's hard to pay for anything when your student loan company has overdrawn your account! ha!

Basically, I was pretty wound up by the time I had to get the husband from the car shop. I needed to run. So, despite the setting sun and blustery weather, I headed out for a run.

Here's a snapshot of beauty from my run - love the reflection of the pink sky on the water!

So, rage is great fuel for me. Needless to say, I was shocked when my Garmin alerted that my first mile was complete - and it was 8:39! Say what!? I ended up having two sub 9 minute miles - I can't remember a time when that has happened before!

Today's Stats:

3.23 miles, 29:14:62, 9:02 average
51 degrees, 20+mph winds (Thanks Hurricane Sandy)

When it's so stinking cold, I apparently run faster so I can get it over with. Seriously though, how can 50 degrees feel so COLD?? My ears were stinging by the time I got home.



Here's the post-run pic that the Monster insisted on taking with me... I have awesome hair, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment