Wednesday, October 31, 2012



Today was a fun filled day! One of my colleagues needed a day off next week, so I traded to have tonight off. I'm so glad that I was able to do that! As it just so happened, I needed to take Monster to school, take the hubs to pick up the car (which was an easy and FREE fix), pick out pumpkins, decorate a pumpkin (we couldn't have a naked porch!), and get ready for Trunk-Or-Treat! Phew.

I managed to sneak a run in this morning right before picking Monster up from school. It was a miserably slow run - my legs were sore and felt like lead. I imagine this was from my speedy run (for me) last night and how close the two runs were to each other. I've heard it's good to do that every once in awhile for training - some people even do two runs a day! I wish I was that cool.

I find fall awesome, of course, but it's also hard to dress for runs. Today, I thought it was cold, so I wore my full length tight pants, a long sleeved technical tee, and a Nike hoodie. I was burning up within a few minutes and was freezing again within 2 miles. I don't predict that I will ever get good at this!

Today's Run:
4.11 miles, 43.02, 10:38/mi
51 degrees, intermittent wind, sunny

After my run, I picked up Monster and we did a couple of errands. I had to go to Hobby Lobby and to a local pumpkin patch. We usually go to this little pumpkin patch at a church near our house - the proceeds go to missions I believe. Well, as it turns out, it's a procrastinator's dream! On the last day, you can get as many pumpkins as you want and make a donation that you find is fair. Sweet. We got two big pumpkins and the monster picked out several small ones.




Here is my cool pumpkin! We didn't have time to carve one - and frankly I didn't want to go to the ER with my toddler due to a cutting injury. I hot glued these buttons on the pumpkin and I think it turned out really awesome! I make my own bows and the monster picked out the ribbon. It was a team effort - even though the glue gun was used only during nap time.



The monster was a Yellow Jacket for Halloween. Hubs and I were GT fans - easiest costumes ever. I just wore a Tech sweatshirt and jeans. I was comfortable! We taught Monster to say "GO JACKETS!" - but of course she wouldn't do it for anyone tonight.



Happy Halloween from my Monster to Yours!


NEXT RUN: Rock and Roll Savannah Half Marathon! Whoop. Sounds like an excuse for carb loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment